Monday 29 August 2011

Doing the dishes


Image Above: Mackerel bashing
Location: Isle of Erraid, Mull, Scotland

It wasn`t much fun at my favourite rock perch (see previous post) this afternoon, with a headwind somewhere between 5 and 6; but never the less I was fishing. Despite the wind I still managed to cast some distance but there was little room for error as the wind took any drifting line. I landed another fair sized mackerel and felt a couple of other random tugs on the line. My short session was ended by a phone call telling me dinner was ready and it was my turn to do the dishes, ah if only people phoned when I was doing dishes to tell me it was my turn to go fishing. Once again my teaspoon pirk brought home the goods and now I feel it is a bit too precious to risk losing so I must return to the workshop to make some more and maybe try out some new ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment