Friday 7 October 2011

Home made wobbler lure


I suppose I learn a little bit every time I make a fishing lure and this one is no different. I carved this lure using a Stanley knife which was the easy part the finish isn’t great but it works in that I wanted a wobbler that would dive a couple feet on retrieve. I rushed it and that was the mistake, there are so many stages in making one of these lures and messing up one always shows through in the finished lure. So I live and learn and on to the next lure.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on rushing. I have a box full of lures that I was so excited to finish that I messed them up. I keep them close by to remind myself to take my time.

    The wobbler looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always rush because I want to take them fishing, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete