Wednesday 12 June 2013

Making a Beetle Fishing Lure From Plastic Spoons


I am not sure this lure project really made sense until I added water and then when a pair of eyes swam towards the camera I knew it had that spark.  The plastic spoon lure was an idea I had, had a long while ago and never got to building; mainly because I knew I could make the beetle part but I had no clue how to turn it into a lure. In the end I made the beetle last week and after working over the weekend in the city at the river festival, I came back to it with a plan. Rather just create another wobbler I thought about a drop shot rig which I have been using for pike in the winter when they tend to sit in the mud. As always I am a few seasons behind with my lure making but when weed dies back I should be able to bounce this baby a foot or so off the bottom without the constant fear of losing it. 

8 comments:

  1. You are an artist.

    Another lure amazing.

    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul

    Something struck me about this 'spoon' lure.
    If you were to turn the lure over on it's side and wire and weight accordingly you would end up with a pretty good vibe/shad style lure and of course different size spoons could be used to make bigger/smaller lures.

    regards
    Jeremy Airey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was original plan,i thought of something like a pumpkin seed lure but when i put the first two pieces together it just looked like a beetle and I remembered when i was a kid swimming and coming up at eye level with a great diving beetle and being shit scared of something only 1 1/2" long.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO, PAUL.
    DO YOU HAVE THE LEGS IN PDF FOR THIS PROJECT?

    THANK YOU FROM MEXICO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is not something i kept sorry

    ReplyDelete